Followers

Wednesday 18 January 2012

TUESDAY 17th JANUARY 2012

TUESDAY 17th JANUARY. Tonight we met no new homeless people, we met up with PHIL, MARK, TINNY, LEE, PAUL, MAC, SEAN, CHRIS and JAMIE
Tonight I had the company of my work colleague, Tracey. She was interested in coming out with me as I told her and other people that it is good for people to see how well we do for ourselves compared to others. Tracey agreed with me.

This sort of work will not make you rich but you will feel rich within yourself for doing this. I always have an amazing feeling when out with the homeless people I meet, they all now have a lot of trust in me and pay me a lot of respect. They are also very polite and helpful, Jamie and Chris have both offered to help me sort out all of the clothes donations that I have in my garage, they feel that they want to repay for what I have done for them, such lovely lads and also Tinny has offered to come out with me in the evenings so he can protect me from unsavoury characters, how sweet.

Tinny has also said that he would sent people my way if they offer donations of food as he said I (and my helpers) do a wonderful thing and when/if he ever sorts himself out then he will be doing this kind of work himself.

I ordered 12 pairs of thermal long johns and 12 thermal t shirts, 36 pairs of boxer shorts and 12 pairs of fingerless gloves yesterday from a wholesale website on the internet and they delivered today. I had a little bit of money put aside that people had given and I put my loose change from my copper jar into the bank and was able to but all this. It was only £75.00 all together so I was very happy with the amount of stuff I had got for the little money that I had. If I had more money then I would of got more bits for the homeless but I can only just about afford to live myself due to the increasing prices of everything and no extra money coming in. Petrol is becoming a pain too.

Anyway, our first stop was the seafront to see Phil and Mark, they now have a big plastic sheet covering the shelter they are in, and in fact they both looked pretty cosy. Tracey and I stayed for a while and had a chat with them. We gave them rolls, soup and the usual stuff and also they needed more trousers and jumpers. They were over the moon with the thermals, they said they were going to wash themselves down with baby wipes then get into their new stuff. I told Phil that he had the biggest bath in the world just the other side of the road but he refused ha ha.. I was talking about the sea. We moved onto the hard and spoke with Lee and tinny.

Lee was diving in the back of my car trying to take the best pic , I have been told that he has a wife, 3 bedroom house and 3 kids and a few people have told me this. I asked him to move out of the way so I could get out the food, I didn’t want him taking things so that he could sell them. I gave Tinny new thermals and underwear and wrapped them up in a hoodie so that Lee couldn’t see.

I want these clothes to go to people that really need them, they have to sleep on the streets, and Lee can go home to his new 50 inch television that he tells everyone about. I never let Lee know that I know this about him just in case he gets aggressive. No sign of Jamie or Chris so we went down Osborne road to feed and clothe Paul and Mac, Mac was off his head alcohol/ drugs, I don’t know but he does like to talk. When we finished we went to Albert road but there was no one about. I phoned Sean to see if he was ok and he was. He was down by the hostel, we arranged to go down to see him. When we approached Sean he appeared very drunk, I have never seen him like this before.

He was very sad, just had the news today that his brother is going to have his leg amputated, (due to self-neglect), so Sean decided to get drunk, I gave him a cuddle which he said was needed. Tracey and I stayed with him a while and he had cheered up thankfully. He was actually really funny drunk, I walked him across the road as he was wobbling all over the place then we went back to the hard. We decided to go back to see if Chris and Jamie had turned up of which they did.

We had run out of food but Chris had just bought some chips, I gave Jamie £2 and asked him to go get something hot whilst I was there, and he did bless him, he was starving. We gave him a jumper and some underwear but I ran out of thermals in his size so I told him I will get him some for Thursday. We gave Chris some thermals, he too was very pleased with these. When we finished sorting these 2 out we decided to drive round a little but found no more homeless people. We then decided to call it a night so I drove Tracey home then went back to my house to unload the car. Had bath and bed… Knackered and very cold.

Tracy with Tinny

1 comments:

A said...

About the homeless being polite and helpful, yep, the permanently homeless tend to be much more decent folks than people with homes, in my experience.