Followers

Monday 20 February 2012

Tuesday 14th Feb..Homeless in Portsmouth


TUESDAY 14TH FEBRUARY 2012. Only 5 about this evening, TINNY, CHRIS, JAMIE, PAUL and the American guy TIMOTHY
Tonight I picked up young Courtney and went on our travels around Portsmouth. Di was unable to come tonight but Courtney was willing.
We firstly went to Mill House to see if they wanted any bread as my local bakery gave me so much today I had no room in my freezer. Mark, who works at mill house was very appreciative and said he will give it out at the dinner table tonight. I told him that I will bring down bread regular if it helps and he said it would so I will. Mark gave me his phone number and told me to call him if I have any concerns or worries about anyone I find sleeping rough.
We went to the Hard to see Jamie, Tinny, Chris and Timothy. Jamie tells me that there is a good chance that he should have a room in a house this time next week, I told him ill sort him some bedding and stuff out as he doesn’t have anything except what he sleeps with on the streets. We gave them some soup, coffee, sandwiches, cakes, crisps etc and had a chat with them. I felt so sorry for them tonight as poor Tinny has pleurisy again and Jamie and Chris are both full of flu. When I got back in the car I phoned Mark to tell him I was worried about them, especially Tinny. Mark told me that he can’t help Tinny as he has a home, I told him that he doesn’t have a home and I could show him the places where he sleeps. Mark is going out to see him later.We went on our way to Osborne road.
Only Paul around tonight, he hasn’t seen anyone else for a couple of days, he thinks that the council van driving around is helping people find shelter in this cold weather. I hope this is the case.
Carried on driving about but no one else to be found, its becoming very quiet these days, perhaps they are in shelter…

0 comments: