Followers

Wednesday 1 February 2012

TUESDAY 31st JANUARY.HOMELESSNESS IN PORTSMOUTH


TUESDAY 31ST JANUARY. Found 1 new gentleman called TIMOTHY, we also see CHRIS, JAMIE, TINNY and SEAN
Liam came out this evening with me as Di could make it. An extremely cold night tonight, I made sure Liam put his thermals on as it was so cold.
Liam and I went back to the seafront to see if there is any sign of Phil and mark, we went to the bowling green and the war memorial. No sign of anyone at all. We walked around the memorial and stopped when we heard voices, Liam turned to his left as that was where the voices were coming from but there was no one there except a statue, this freaked him out a little, and me. I said to Liam that this was exactly the spot where Di and I heard the coughing last time, I didn’t think I could walk as fast as I did after that. I was very scared, think the place is haunted. The strange thing about it was that the spot where we heard the voices was colder, it seemed as if we walked in and then out of a freezer, very strange. Anyway we soon left there as there was no one around.
We went to the hard and asked Tinny if he had heard or seen Phil but he said he hasn’t, we gave Tinny some food and coffee, he didn’t want soup. Going around behind the coach park we stopped and gave food and soup to Jamie and Chris. I gave Jamie the guitar and he was over the moon , he kept saying it’s a fender, I don’t know the difference from one guitar to the next but Jamie does ha ha. Liam and Jamie had a little jam together whilst I spoke to Chris. There was another chap at the end of the road who we stopped and fed, his name was Timothy, and he is American. He said that his father told him to sail to England to get to know the place where he was born. His parents had him then moved to California when he was a tiny baby; they came to England every 3 years to visit family. Unfortunately for Timothy his boat sank just after he had to abandon it due to it breaking down, so now he has nothing. I asked him if his parents could get him back home but he said they have both died since and there is no way back. I told him we would be back Thursday to give him more food and soup. According to Chris and Jamie this Timothy has still got his boat and he sleeps on it at night, so I’m not sure how much was truth in what he was telling us.
We went to Osborne road where there was no one tonight then went to see Sean down Albert road, he was told by the wardens that he is not allowed to sit on the floor when selling the big issue so I gave him a crate to sit on, it just seems that they are picking on him so that he has to move. They told him that he has to be 6inches off the floor so the crate I gave him was perfect. After feeding and sorting Sean out we drove about but found no one so we went back to the hard and gave all the coffee and soup to the lads down there, we then went home.

0 comments: